November 30, 2006

Rainy Day


(Apropos to nothing, doesn't this patio look inviting? The lady in the red dress and hat (?) interests me. How old do you think she is?)

Hey all, It's a rainy day here in my small town and I'm feeling a bit out of sorts. Did some yelling this morning but am feeling antsy for the hub to come home from his business trip (day six today, and he'll be home in 1.5 hrs). I think I need a big break or at least a long soak in the hot tub (did I tell you we were getting our hot tub fixed? No? Well, the thing hasn't been working since before we went to Hungary and we finally got off our asses and did something about it. Now, if I did it right, it should be shocked and ready to go, a nice surprise for hub for when he gets home.). When hub goes on these long business trips, days are very long, esp. if he's away during the weekend. I really need to relax once he gets back b/c I rarely fully do b/c I'm solely responsible for looking after our little angel (who's tested my patience many, many times these past few days).

Blaaaaah! Picked up a Starbucks latte and am just doing this before I go get the girl and get her changed into a pretty dress for Daddy's arrival at the airport. Was subject to a colossal temper tantrum, btw, this morning when I refused to let her wear what is essentially a very fancy princess dress, which would not have been appropriate to wear to school on a rainy and coolish day. Don't exactly want to the reputation of the mother who doesn't know how to dress her kid for the weather.

In other news, I think I'm down (weight) and have seven more lbs to go until I get to my goal weight!!! Very exciting!



I'm trying not to buy any more clothes until I reach goal b/c they'll end up being big on me. Shoes are okay, though, and I forced myself to get two pairs of the most darling little decorated mules yesterday at the Nine West outlet mall in Toronto. I might have also bought an adorable pink purse, too, one that fits a book, wallet, phone, big bottle of water and some lipgloss. It's all a blur, I'm so tired from the past few days.

Meant to say that, in my blog below with the photos, the cute guy whose alter ego is Borat is Sasha Baron Cohen. He is sooooo adorable!!!! Sigh...

Well, off to get the hub and reunite our little family. Have a great weekend!

x A

No comments: